Here are some seasonal, interactive websites to use with your elementary students for learning and fun.
- Catch the Apples - Great for primary students to practice counting and color recognition.
- Make a Pumpkin - Decorate your pumpkin for fall.
- Tackle Math Ball - Practice your math skills in this football-themed game.
- Scarecrow Jigsaw Puzzle - Put together scarecrow pictures with your choice of 12 to 108 pieces.
- Spooky Sequences - Find the missing numbers when counting by fives.
- The First Thanksgiving - Scholastic offers these excellent activities for students about the first Thanksgiving.
- Starfall Silly Turkey - Read a story about a silly turkey and follow the directions. If your students enjoy that story, they will love Pick a Pumpkin, too.
- Halloween Dress-Up Game - Dress up your character for Halloween. This makes a great story starter.
- Ghost Blasters - Blast a ghost that matches the math requirement.
- Carve a Pumpkin
- The Best Websites for Learning about Halloween can help your students do research on the holiday.
- Pilgrim Village - This is a simple ebook about the Pilgrims and includes audio support.
- Thanksgiving Interactive: You Are the Historian - This is an excellent interactive where students conduct research and investigate what really happened at the first Thanksgiving celebration..
TCEA TechNotes 10.21.14